Skip to content
Curtin University
Health, Safety and Emergency Management


Q. What Health and Safety forms need to be completed prior to commencing research?
A. The Hazard Identification Tool (HIT) from the Office of Reseach & Development and any of the following HSEM forms that apply to the research being undertaken.
  • Generic Risk Assessment
  • Chemical Pre-purchase Checklist
  • Gas Pre-purchase Checklist
  • Materials Pre-purchase Checklist
  • Chemical Risk Assessment
  • Plant and Equipment Risk Assessment.
  • Q. Are there any additional forms from any other areas that will need to be completed?
    A. If the research involves any fieldwork, then the Fieldwork Preliminary Risk Identification Form and in some instances the Fieldwork Risk Matrix will need to be completed. These are available from the Work Integrated Learning website, and there are also links on the HSEM Policies & Procedures webpage to these documents.
    Q. Who needs to complete the research forms listed in the previous questions?
    A. It is necessary that any staff members, Higher Degree by Research, Masters or Honours students who will be conducting research complete the aforementioned forms prior to commence their research and forward the forms to the relevant area for verification.